
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Lilac Festival Parade
Spokane's annual Lilac Festival parade was on Saturday, and I got to be in it! It's a torchlight parade, which meant that it started around 8:00 p.m. and all the floats/bands/balloons/people were decorated with lights. The company I work for had a "float" (well, a truck and a sports car that carried our mascot) in the parade, and I got to be one of the people that carried the banner in front of them. It was fun! We saw lots of happy people (I'm quite certain some of their happiness was chemically induced) and nobody threw any overripe fruit at us! Here's a picture from when we were sitting around waiting for our turn to start parading. I'm the one in the middle 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cool Heidi! I always liked the lilac parade! I'm sure that it was really fun being in the parade, you don't get to see all the floats but you see a lot of different kind of people along your walk.
The lilacs in NY were always so pretty. I wish I could've been there. Looks like you had fun.
I'm going to be putting something in the mail for ya this upcoming week. Watch out for it, ok?
I didn't know you were on blogspot.com. Amanda Pope introduced it to me. I think I have a pic of that board with the smiley face on it. If you want it. LOL! Your page looks good and you look like you had fun in the Lilac Parade.
Post a Comment