




I have more snow pictures, although I'm sure everyone's getting tired of them (especially those who live in Spokane). Since I'm officially stuck in Spokane this Christmas due to the snow, this is what life is like these days. We're supposed to get eight more inches today and tonight.Note: some of these pictures were taken by my friend Danylle. Maybe she won't sue me for copyright infringement if I mention her name.
The snow is very dry and very light, so trying to shovel a sidewalk is like trying to shovel a pathway through the sand on the beach. The snow just keeps collapsing back into the shoveled area, and if a breeze comes up, the shoveled walkway disappears within minutes. The snow is also too dry to be stamped down or packed, so the sidewalks are still invisible even though a hundred previous "trailblazers" have already tried wading through them.
I love watching the little neighborly kindnesses happening all over the place. If a car gets stuck in the middle of the street, people hop out of other cars (even going the opposite direction!) to help push them out. A nice lady gave me a ride home from the grocery store the other day because, she said, she knew I'd have to walk in the street and wanted me to be safe. My home teachers have called at least eight times in the last week, and one of them surprised me with some homemade turkey chili on Monday. (I think he had to dig his car out just to bring it to me.) When I had to cancel my trip to Idaho, within minutes I had several people call and invite me to their homes for Christmas. Spokane is a great place to live!
1 comment:
All those snow pictures are unbelievable! What a year to remember!
Post a Comment