Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let it snow




My CEO came by my cubicle and told me, personally, to go home. I make it a point to do everything the CEO says, so I forced myself to leave the office. (He told everyone else to go home too, so it wasn't just me. They were closing all but six roads in the entire city of Spokane, including the road our building is on, so we had to leave.)

Getting home was also exciting. Apparently when they close roads to traffic, they mean buses too. (I waited for the bus for 20 minutes before figuring this out.) Luckily one of the open roads wasn't too far away, so I got home without much trouble. I even got to stop at K-Mart (which is open for Christmas shopping, although all the roads leading to it are closed) to get some soup on the way home!

I took these pictures myself on the way home. By the way, the snow now comes halfway up my thigh, and I'm tall. (I was wearing my nice pants, too! They're probably not so nice anymore.) 21.5 inches so far since yesterday, and the storm shows no sign of letting up. Luckily it's not windy--drifting snow would be really bad!

2 comments:

Elaina said...

i just figured out you have a blogspot so I thought I would give you mine. www.robertandelainareich.blogspot.com I will send you an invitation since it is put on private.

Sharla said...

I think it's hilarious that k-mart was open when the road was closed. Did you find some good Christmas deals? Sounds like you've had quite the snowy adventures. And we thought Rexburg was snowy! Wow. I was at my Parents house for their Christmas blizzard and 6 hours of no power. My parents were way more prepared than I would have been. We had a good time.